Module 1: Basic ICT concepts >> IT security – quiz
With this quiz you can repeat or learn:
– Some basic concepts relating to IT security, ie. security of information and data, physical security, privacy and identity theft:
– cyber crime, hacking, cracking and ethical hacking
– malware or harmful software: adware, ransomware, spyware, botnets, keystroke logging, diallers
– About the basic protection of computers, devices, or network from malware and unauthorized access:
– recognise the common network types like: local area network (LAN), wireless local area network (WLAN), wide area network (WAN), virtual private network (VPN)
– disable security settings macros, set a password for the files and compressed files, encrypt messages.
– scan specific drives, folders, files using anti-virus software,
– quarantine or delete infected / suspicious files, schedule scans using anti-virus software
– understand the importance of updating the file with antivirus definitions.
– Firewall, the use of biometric data for access control (fingerprint, eye scanning, face recognition, hand geometry)
– identify good practices in creating passwords, eg .: do not share passwords, change them regularly, have adequate password length, combine uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters
– connect to a wireless network and protect your wireless network: Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), Media Access Control (MAC) filtering, Service Set Identifier (SSID) hiding.
– Safely browse the Web and communicate on the Internet:
– terms pharming (redirecting to a fake website) and phishing (online identity theft)
– digital certificate and certificate authentication
– cookies and settings for download, blocking cookies
– The deletion of certain information from your browser, for example: browsing history, temporarily stored Internet files, passwords, cookies, data regarding the automatic completion
– digital signature, create and add a digital signature, receiving fraudulent and unsolicited e-mail (spam)
– Create backup, restore data from a backup location like
– The difference between deleting and permanently destroying data (cutting, destruction of the drive / media, demagnetization, use utilities for the destruction of data).